Low Back Pain from Pregnancy? Chiropractic Can Help
Chiropractic care is a natural approach to life and health which helps the mother gain trust in her body’s own ability to accomplish this incredible, innate unfoldment.
What Causes Low Back Pain During Pregnancy?
- If your pelvis is out of balance in any way, the ligaments attached to the uterus can become torqued or twisted. This constraint limits the space for the developing baby.
- A large percentage of all pregnant women experience back discomfort/pain during pregnancy. This is mainly due to the rapid growth of the baby.
- Poor posture
- Weight gain
How Can Chiropractic Help?
- Chiropractic adjustments provide relief from increased lower back and/or hip pain.
- Gentle adjustments are safe for a pregnant woman and her baby. Adjustments can be especially attractive to those who are trying to avoid medications.
- Chiropractic care during pregnancy can help prepare your body for labor and may even help to shorten time in labor.
- Chiropractic care can also help after childbirth. In the weeks following delivery, the ligaments that loosen during pregnancy begin to tighten. Joint problems brought on during pregnancy by improper lifting or reaching should be treated before the ligaments return to their pregnancy state.
Many pregnant women have found chiropractic care as a way to achieve relief from the pains associated with being pregnant. Dr. Cerwin can offer nutrition, ergonomic and exercise advice to help women enjoy a healthy pregnancy. So don’t wait, see how Dr. Cerwin can help today.
Dr. Eric Cerwin has nearly 30 years of experience treating patients in Charlotte and beyond for a broad range of conditions and sports injuries. Dr. Cerwin is currently working towards his Board Certification in Pediatric Chiropractic.